Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter in Virginia

The kids and I spent Easter with my family in Virginia this year, but we celebrated a week early with Adam and his parents here in Missouri.
This was Easter morning at my parent's house. Brody and Brooke digging in to their Easter baskets.
This was the first egg hunt of the day -- still in pajamas. He must be saying "I need ONE more."
Then we dressed up in our Easter outfits and went to my Aunt Jen's for Easter dinner. We had a big crowd there, but the weather was beautiful and we spent most of our time playing outside. It was so good to see my extended family again (minus several who weren't there too)!
And we did another egg hunt there.
Aunt Jen has an awesome slide too. Nice action shot, huh?
Me and my girl (who wouldn't leave my side without screaming hysterically the whole time we were in Virginia). She had that scowl on her face most of the time. Poor girl -- she's getting 6 new teeth, 4 of which are molars, plus she was constantly surrounded by strangers (strangers to her at least). I might be scowling too if that was me.
I think this is my favorite picture from the whole trip. This is Brody with his cousin Katie. The played so well together (they're only 3 months apart).
The only time Brooke left my side while we were there was when she was chasing my parent's dog. She would follow him around and say "Baby!"
We went to Burke Lake park one day.
We walked around a small portion of the lake and Brooke got to ride on Grandpa's back (which she wasn't too happy about). She wanted to be wondering around off the trail and too close to the lake.
Brody liked the geese in the lake.
Brody and cousin Megan having a snack together.
I think this might have been one of Brody's favorite things to do at Grandma and Grandpa's house (besides riding the kid motorcycle Grandpa picked up off the side of the road and fixed up). He loved to do it solo or with any cousin that would ride along. I think we need one at our house!

Brooke and cousin Laura, who is 5 months younger than her. I'm pretty sure Brooke stole Laura's food most of the time. Sorry Laura!

1 comment:

melody said...

Looks totally fun. That's great you got to go to Virginia. Love the Easter outfits.